Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Acknowledgement #2

Our field work that was assigned for last week was to think of someone we could acknowledge in our life and do it. I have to admit that I thought about it quite a bit but did not act on that. I think I lost track of time and all of a sudden a week had past. I will make an assertive effort to do this field work in the next week as well as implement this in my daily life and coaching practice.

We spent the majority of the class sharing wins (I didn’t have one) and sharing our field work experiences. It was great to hear how the acknowledgement exercise went for everyone. Many people acknowledged their bosses, a couple their spouses, but overall everyone felt like it was a good experience. It was interesting that the people who did the acknowledging actually got a lot out of doing the acknowledging…it made them feel good.

Someone mentioned that their coach encouraged them to acknowledge themselves and I found it interesting that my coach also encouraged me in that way. I know that it is a weakness of mine to not slow down or take the time to acknowledge myself or celebrate my accomplishments.

It was a class rich with acknowledging others and ourselves. I appreciated all those who shared their experiences or struggles.

No comments: