Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Truth vs. Fraud

I felt like this class was so basic when I began to read the homework. As I listened to others share in these classes I was amazed at what a struggle this is for many people. I took these two classes on Monday, November 27 & Monday, December 4, 2006. I have always been a person of strong conviction. Right is right and wrong is wrong. In evaluating my life I found that I don’t really withhold information either, especially from my husband. I do, however, withhold information from my children at times, usually because it isn’t something that is age appropriate.

As I thought about my coaching practice I realized that not all my clients are going to have the same conviction about truth that I have. Listening to other students helped me to realize that it is a lot easier for people to lie or withhold information than I thought it was. I think I will be more aware as I am listening to my clients and also not make the assumption that everything is exactly the way they say it is. I hope that I will be able build a relationship with my clients that they will feel safe in telling the truth even if it makes them “look bad” so that I will be able to help them. If I don’t know where they are failing I can’t help them be more successful.

No comments: