Friday, January 19, 2007

Introduction to Coaching Part 2

I took this class on Friday, January 19, 2007. We were given a lot of time to ask questions about coaching. I didn’t feel like I had any basic questions about what coaching is or how to go about it, therefore I spent the class listening so others questions. When someone brought up a question I answered it for myself and then waited to see what Merci would say on the subject to see if I was aligned.

One question was about niche; how to find your niche, when you should have your niche, etc. I had my niche before I went into coaching. In a sense I went into coaching in response to a niche so I felt good about that, I know that this is rare and that most people have to really give this area some thought. Another question was around how to set up a coaching relationship; time of sessions, how many sessions, fees, phone or face-to-face, etc. Again, I have already really defined what my coaching practice was to look like and was able to answer the particulars in this area.

We also spent some time discussing the future of coaching and where it is going in the professional realm. It was amazing to me how popular it is becoming in corporations as a hired staff position. I have no desire to head in that direction but it gives the profession even more credibility. Overall, I am glad that I am done with this class. As I said before it is a course that I would have preferred to take a few months ago when I first began at ICA and it just didn’t work out.

No comments: