Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Trial Session Part 1

The beginning of this course on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 was focused on what steps to take with a person who feels like they have so much to work on that they wouldn’t know where to start. Some things that came up were: “What is one thing that you would want to change?” “What would you try right now if you knew it could not fail?” “What do you want more of/less of?” “What would give you more peace?”

I have a bit of a different take on the Trial Session concept because I am not in the position where I just want to get clients in order to build a practice and have a career. I will only coach women that fall into my niche, women who have been sexual betrayed by their spouse. One advantage to doing a Trial Session for my niche would be for the benefit of the client; to see what coaching is, to meet me and see if they are comfortable with me and to help them see the advantages to coaching on this specific issue.

We talked about how the Trial Session is not only for the client but also for the coach. A Trial Session can be helpful for the coach to get an idea of whom they coach best, to build up confidence through practice and experience and develop a referral base.

My focus on the Trial Session as I develop it for the class Selling Your Coaching will be from the aspect of how a Trial Session can enhance what I’m trying to convey but not what I can get from it. I know that I will not be searching out people to have a Trial Session with just to have a Trial Session but rather I will offer a Trial Session for someone who wants to understand what it is.

No comments: