Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Websites That Work #1

The first class in this course was held on Tuesday, April 03, 2007. I was looking forward to this class in hopes that I would get an idea how effective my website is and ways to improve it. I am hoping that the ‘blog’ requirement might be discussed as well seeing as I still have a lot of confusion about what is expected. If we are given instruction on how to form websites that would be great too, I had help with mine and really don’t know much about how they are created.

We started off talking about what feeling we want to create on our website. Some of the feelings that I wrote down for my website are: safety, an ally, confidence, trust and hope. I believe that I have created that feeling in the website that I have.

What do I want my website to do? I’d like people to be able to go to my website to know more about me and what I have been through so that they can have hope that their marriage can survive this as well, and to have confidence that I will be able to help them. I want them to feel as though they have someone to go through this with them.

The discussion started to get technical and I was lost. We were talking about website optimization, ways to go about that. It would be great for people around the world to be able to find me for coaching rather than it just being people that I have had previous contact with, I’ll have to continue to investigate this aspect.

Karen talked about how to create a PDF file on our website, a document that is unchangeable. I have often thought about doing this with some of the documents we have for conferences etc, now I know how! Yea!

No comments: