Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Coaching Model #3

The last class of this course was held on Wednesday, April 18, 2007. I came into the class feeling very good about my coaching model and willing to share it if nobody else seemed anxious to do that. I had my husband, who is a Marriage and Family Therapist, look at it and he felt it was good so even if I don’t share it I will submit for Graduation in the next week or so.

The discussion turned back to the difference between the coaching process and the coaching model. I started to feel nervous about sharing my model for fear that I was really doing the process. I decided not to psych myself out and just jumped in and was the first one to share. I was pleased to get very positive feedback. One student called it “beautiful” and another said that she liked it because “it was clear and concise and that I used words that people can relate to”. I’m glad that I stepped up and shared because it is good to get feedback from other coaches, as well as acknowledgement that it works.

The facilitator suggested trying it out in a trial session to see how it worked and I hope to do that. I would also like to talk to my two peer clients to see if they feel like it fits into the style in which I coach. I plan to add it to my brochure so that people will have a better idea of what to expect from a coaching session.

No comments: