Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The ICA Coaching Process #4

The final class to this course was held on Wednesday, April 11, 2007. I was excited to complete this course because I feel like it has been going on for awhile, four weeks…ha, ha, ha! Jim started the class by explaining the difference between the coaching process and the coaching model. He said that the model was to be a diagram or picture and that the process was more the step by step written form of what we do in our coaching sessions. Looking back at the coaching model written module there are some that are written and so I am a bit confused. I will be taking the #1 of coaching model tomorrow so I will try to clarify that in that class.

Some people shared their coaching process and as it turns out they were the same as the ones shared in the coaching model class that I had earlier in the day. I guess the two go and in hand and it is a matter of developing the process in your words and the model is making a diagram of the process that makes it easy to explain or understand.

I have begun to develop my coaching process/model based on the way I see my coaching sessions taking place. I hope that I am on my way to clarity with this and I have two more coaching model classes left in order to flush this out.

No comments: