Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Coaching Model #2

The second class for this course was held on Wednesday, April 11, 2007. For me this was my first class because I missed the first one last week, I am making up #1 tomorrow evening. It will be interesting to be apart of two different groups of students and have a different facilitator on the same topic to see what ideas I can glean from them.

It sounds like in the first class some ideas were discussed about how to start going about writing your own coaching model. I heard mentioned taping sessions and finding common elements, putting pen to paper and asking clients or peers for feedback.

Three different students shared their coaching models. It was interesting to hear what other people came up with. One student shared a model that was visual with a tree and it sounded really beautiful, it made me question whether my simple 5 R’s is too boring. JoAnne was encouraging that we all have out own way and we have to do what works for us. I was encouraged to stick with what I have because it was easy for me to write and so I conclude from that that it may point toward the fact that the model I created fits my coaching style and personality.

If there are not too many people chomping at the bit to share their model nect week, I may share mine. We’ll see.

No comments: