Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Targeted Marketing #1

The first class of this course was held on Tuesday, March 27, 2007. The theory of ‘targeted marketing’: What is the benefit of having a niche? You are more likely to get their attention to be coached because you have hit an area that would resonate with them. We get more focused on our own attention in that area (reading, info we take in etc.). We can truly enthuse and inspire others because we are passionate about that area.

Having a niche gives us a marketing focus as well as a coaching focus. We need to ‘research’ in order to determine if there is a need for a particular niche, is it too narrow or not pinpointed enough.

Based on what I was hearing in the class today I believe that it is valuable to have a fairly specific niche. I have had a very specific niche from day one, mainly because I heard a need. My niche is women who have been sexually betrayed by their husband. I feel my role as a coach to these women is to offer support and a listening ear as well as to give guidance in helping them to find their voice and set up appropriate boundaries in their marriage in order for them to rebuild their marriage after the betrayal. Many of these women have lost, or never had, their identity and through coaching they begin to develop that side of themselves.

I shared in class what my niche is and was affirmed that I have done a good job in defining my niche. Karen used the example that if some one heard about what I do they would immediately know if I was a good match for themselves/friends/others. They would either refer me or they wouldn’t there isn’t really a gray area.

No comments: