Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Peer Coaching #2

The second class to this course was held on Wednesday, March 14, 2007. There was a lot of controversy about the peer coaching sessions. Can they be e-coaching sessions and is 30 minutes appropriate? I was under the understanding that e-coaching was not acceptable and that the sessions needed to be about 60 minutes. I think that even if the sessions only have to be 30 minutes that I will still strive to be at about 60 minutes. I also feel that e-coaching doesn’t give enough training and practice in coaching and I will absolutely not e-coach for my peer coaching. It seems like it is ‘getting out of’ fulfilling the requirements.

There has been a lot of controversy about if you need to ‘blog’. I was under the understanding that we needed to blog our classes and learning process and I have heard from others that we did not have to blog only that we had to keep notes for assessment. Jim also said in this class that we really don’t need to post on the discussion board any longer but rather now turn to blogging instead.

The research paper was brought up as well in this class. Summary, define terms, interview or read materials for background and research data (what’s known), what’s the tie in to my research paper, why coaching is useful in that arena, conclusion and bibliography.

I was feeling a little overwhelmed with feeling like I’m going to miss something for graduation…there seems to be a lot of confusion. The new realization of connecting with other blogs has me feeling lost. The fear of missing something has increased greatly in the last 30 minutes.

No comments: