Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Creating Confidence #1

This first class in this course was held on Wednesday, March 21, 2007. When we lack confidence then we may begin to doubt ourselves, our abilities and choices. Very often we lack confidence because we are so self focused…it’s all about me. We may feel judged by others and feel like we have to do/say the right thing.

Confidence brings up thoughts of feeling safe, acknowledged and sure. Once we have an awareness of what our value is then we can move to a new level of confidence. How do we create value? For me, I feel like my coaching has value because there are so many women who can benefit from the service I offer. There are so many co-dependent scared women who need someone to help them find their voice, help them discover that they have value no matter what their husband did to betray them.

It’s ‘funny’ that the class focused so much on public speaking…I think we can have confidence or lack confidence in things much smaller than public speaking. I’m thinking about clients I have that just struggle with making a simple decision, always second guessing what they think they should do/say.

I am curious where the next two classes will go. I felt like the conversation got a little ‘stuck’. I’ll just leave it at that for now and see what happens next class.

No comments: