Monday, May 14, 2007

Action vs. Delay #2

The second part of this course was held on Monday, May 14, 2007. This class was facilitated by Linda Anderson and I never had her before. She started off the class with asking everyone to write down what their intentions were for the next hour during the class. I really liked the way she started the class, it was different and fresh. My intention today is to mentally engage in the class and to set aside all of the personal things (moving) that I have going on right now.

In reviewing what we talked about last week: moving clients toward action even in small steps, how UAC’s play into action or delay of action, and that there should be purpose to the action, not creating action for action’s sake.

One way that people will delay action is that they will say that they do not yet have enough information to make a decision. I find this so interesting because I really hit this wall with one of my peer clients. I was able to recognize this even though I had not yet had this class. I kept telling her that she has a lot of really great ideas but she wasn’t willing to take the leap to implement them. It was great to see the light bulb go on and for her to realize that there was a fear that was holding her back.

We did an exercise in class that was also in the homework reading and that was to write down what we are ‘in delay’ about and to share it. I really struggled while doing the homework to come up with something that I am delaying and once again I was unable to think of anything. I feel like I am in action and then some in every area of life right now. I have never been much of a “procrastinator” and I am seeing that being in action is very comfortable for me.

This was my very last Power Tool class…it feels great to have another group of classes completed!!

No comments: