Thursday, February 15, 2007

Peer Coaching #1

This class held Wednesday, February 14, 2007, is the first of four for this course. I was looking forward to taking this class because I have just about completed my peer coaching with my ICA coach and have secured two peer clients…I am feeling like I am on my way. I do, however, want to make sure that I am doing it all correctly. I want to make sure that there isn’t some step in the process I am missing. And I want to learn anything new about the way to go about peer coaching which might be different from the clients I will be coaching in my practice.

In coaching we want to be looking for value in our coaching. We want to focus on our strengths and check in with our ICA clients for feedback on our effectiveness. I have not done this and I plan to ask one of my clients for feedback on our next call.

This first class we primarily focused on what the ICA requirements are and how to fulfill those requirements. We were also given suggestions for how to find your peer coach or peer clients. I didn’t really obtain any new information about the first steps of coaching through ICA, with the exception of asking for feedback from my peer clients in order to help me learn. I’m looking forward to moving into the other classes in hopes that I will get more of the information I was hoping to.

No comments: